Things To Do
You’ll find lots to do at Weir Farm NHP! Explore the historic gardens and grounds. Take a hike. Enjoy guided and self-guided tours. Take part in art, even if you never considered yourself an artist. Discover the remarkable people and place that shaped American Impressionism and left a lasting legacy for all to enjoy.
The grounds of this 74-acre national park are open year-round from dawn to dusk, and you are welcome to explore the park on your own. To customize your visit, help yourself to park brochures, self-guided tours, Junior Ranger activities and the National Park Passport stamp found on the Visitor Center porch. Here are just a few of the many wonderful things that await you at Weir Farm NHP:
- Be an artist for a day. Bring art supplies and create art in the shadow of great artists. No experience is required!
- Enjoy an easy hike on the pond trail and look for a shagbark hickory tree wearing its shaggy coat!
- Take in the season. Experience the changing light and colors of each new season.
- Step into a painting from over 100 years ago using the Painting Sites Brochure to tour the park!
- Bring a friend or out-of-town guest, show them your favorite part of the park, and help them find theirs.
- Become a Junior Ranger at any age.
- Take a tour and fall in love with the Weir House and the two very different art studios.
- Take the self-guided Walking Tour and pick your favorite spot.
- Learn about the different types of stone walls.
- Include monthly walks through the park as part of your fitness program and wonder at the changing seasons.
- Admire the latest blooms in the historic garden. Smell the roses…lavender, trumpet vine and clematis.
- Rest in the shade of the Weir House porch or picnic at the Stone Table before the weather turns cold.
- Meditate in the Sunken Garden.
- Snap a photo of something old and make it new by posting on social media.
- Walk around the Weir Barn and look closely at its hand hewn craftsmanship.
- Discover 15 shades of blue, red, grey or green in the light and shade of the sky, buildings, stonewalls, grass and trees.
Be sure to pick up a park map and brochures off the rack in the parking lot or Visitor Center porch.
Show Your Support and Join Us
Friends share a passion for Weir Farm NHP and are dedicated to supporting the park.
We invite you to join us!