Volunteers are the lifeblood of any organization, and we are thankful to work with a friendly, fun and motivated group of people who share a passion for preserving and promoting Weir Farm. If you have a love for art, the great outdoors or simply want to lend your time and expertise to the beautiful treasure that is Weir Farm, we’d love to connect with you.
Friends Volunteer Opportunities
Join the Friends team by volunteering your time and expertise. Let us know how you would like to get involved. A few opportunities include:
- Friendraising – Help us expand our circle of Friends or manage our contact database.
- Fundraising – Seek financial contributions from individuals, local businesses and corporations to support Friends’ initiatives.
- Social Media – Spread the word about our great work and its value to the park through social media and other communications.
- Outreach – Attend local events to strengthen community connections and publicize park activities.
If you have time you’re willing to share, we would love to hear from you!
Park Volunteer Opportunities
Most park volunteer opportunities occur from May through October. Hours are flexible and can accommodate your availability on weekdays or on weekends. Plus, did we mention that there are perks to being a volunteer? Annual training, educational field trips, social gatherings, behind-the-scenes enrichment opportunities and recognition items are just some of the benefits offered to park volunteers.
- Tour Guide – Welcome and assist visitors in interpreting the Weir and Young Studios.
- Garden Crew – Help maintain the park’s historic gardens and landscaped grounds, with the guidance of Master Gardeners.
- Take Part in Art – Assist with managing the art supplies on the visitor center porch and engaging visitor artists on weekends.
- Trail Monitor – Monitor trails and report on current trail conditions.
- Citizen Science & Phenology – Enjoy the outdoors while conducting research for a Citizen Science project at Weir Farm.
To learn more about volunteering at Weir Farm, visit the volunteer page on the Park website.
Show Your Support and Join Us
Friends share a passion for Weir Farm NHP and are dedicated to supporting the park.
We invite you to join us!